Monday, December 14, 2009

Ah, Motivation, how you mock me . . .

Well, I continue to weed through my magazine collection - it's amazing how little I really needed most of them. Sure - there is a recipe here, an exercize there that I would love to recall or actually USE (ha ha ha, right) later . . . but mostly it's just intersting tidbits I read, find facinating and then quickly forget. Apparently, my brain is better at clearing mental clutter then I am at clearing physical clutter.

Also, it has been a month full of Christmas in our household . . . last week was mostly devoted to decorating, this week is filled with baking and planning menus. Yesterday we made Chocolate Lacies and Swiss Cinnamon Crisps . A word about the cinnamon crisps . . . these things are seriously addictive. This was our first batch ever and we have already declared them the Greenwood Family's Favorite Cookie EVER. Seriously. That's saying something. Getting two adults and 3 children to agree to ANYTHING is miraculous in itself, but these . . . wow. Try them. NOW.

Yesterday we also made the dough for ice box sugar cookies and cream cheese thumbprint cookies - both of which will be baked tonight. On deck for tomorrow is julekake, a tradition in my husband's family. With all this baking, I find it easy to go into info overload - so many blogs w/ so many delicious looking recipes to try . . . so few days left until Christmas.

No comments: