Monday, May 26, 2008

I Heart The Asian Market . . .

. . . I really do! There are so many great food finds for so much cheaper than regular grocers. For example, my daughters absolutely LOVE the small packs of preserved bean curd crackers (yes, I said PRESERVED BEAN CURD) that my parent's neighbor (for blogging purposes, we'll call her "K") gives them when they visit. "K" is Japanese and is an amazing cook, so it stands to reason that she keeps a decent assortment of interesting Asian foods around her home. As I said, my daughters love these crackers and "K" told me that she actually gets them at the local Asian market, Choi's. We live fairly close to that store and have stopped in to check it out on occasion (mostly for bulgogi marinade, which I also highly recommend), so we stopped by on the way home to see if we could score more crackers for the kids. Did we ever! For mere $1.89 per box, we found not only the bean curd crackers, but also coconut flavor Silang crackers in boxes of 16 packs each (5 crackers per pack - the perfect snack size). So for $3.78, I have two huge packs of snacks and two VERY happy girls! Happy girls, happy mommy - not bad, huh?

Oh btw - if anyone is feeling thirsty the next time they are in the their local Asian market, we also recommend trying Calpico drinks in the Peach and Mango flavors. So good!

No comments: