Friday, May 9, 2008

Pink Floyd . . . A Tired Mommy's Miracle

. . . I kid you not. I have three children - two girls and a boy - each as different as can be. They all had one thing in common - gas. Bad gas. Two I wondered if they weren't even borderline colic - though the pediatrician didn't think that was the case. Enter Pink Floyd. One exhausting night about 5 years ago, DH and I had had enough. Our daughter was crying out in pain and we knew that if she would just relax and sleep, she could pass the gas much easier. SO we put her in the car seat and went for a drive - it wasn't working. Finally, DH couldn't take the crying and put on some music - Pink Floyd's Division Bell was in the player - and a most amazing thing happened - she stopped almost instantly! Within mere minutes she was sleeping peacefully! Thinking it was a fluke, we tried it again the next time and didn't expect it to work. To our surprise, it did! We have since played the CD every time our three children needed calming down, with amazing results. In fact, as I type this, my baby son has just come off of a 45 minute crying spell by listening to Division Bell - he is now sleeping peacefully. I love you, Pink Floyd!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, it's nice to meet you! My name is Tina aka mummifiedx5. I also joined the MommyFest blog party and I hope to see you at my Mummified Times Five blog!

ListPlanIt said...

Wow! I no longer have babies, but I would have loved to have tried that! I also have 2 girls and a boy in the middle.

Melitsa said...

Congratulations on your new edition :)
3 seems the number for 2008. Me too soon. Popped over to your blog from Mommyfest. I have a giveaway during the week that's perfect for moms with young ones. Hope to see you then.
http://play-activities.com/blog

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey, mom to two girls, one of whom we used to drive up and down the freeway with various artists on the radio. Sometimes we'd even sleep in the car with her, so we wouldn't wake her up. Very nice to meet you.

Sara said...

Thank god for Pink Floyd! Just stopping by from mommyfest. Hope to see you around.

dawntrenee said...

Any port in a storm as they say. Both my boys had gas/going problems. My second one worse than the first, music never really worked for me, but I just love your story.
I just wanted to say hi, stopping by from mommyfest. If you get a chance stop by and enter my contest at working mother.